- The Inpatient Unit is designed for patients who need to remain in the hospital for at least one night.
The nurses on the Inpatient Unit have 1-3 patients under their care, this allows them to provide each patient with personalized care.
- Your activity level will be determined by your surgeon. Patients are expected to be out of bed the morning following surgery. Early ambulation is important to avoid complications.
- Meals/snacks are prepared by your nurse at the time of your request. It is important to eat your meals up in a chair.
- Your physical therapist will develop a personalized exercise program. This program includes twice daily individual sessions, each session gearing you towards independence and discharge
- We encourage you to wear your own clothes as soon as you are ready. Please bring comfortable, loose fitting clothing with you