Your Surgical Day
- Check in on the second floor at hospital registration desk
- Nursing will prepare you for your surgical procedure, by starting an IV, prepping the surgical site, and reviewing your medications and medical history
- Before going back to the operating room, your surgeon and anesthesiologist will visit with you
- The operating room team will take you back to the operating suite, where the surgery is performed.
- After surgery is complete, you will be taken to the post anesthesia area. Your vital signs will be monitored, pain will be assessed. Once the nurse has determined you are stable and alert, your family/friend will be brought back to review discharge instructions.
- You must have a responsible adult to drive you home.
- If you are spending the night or a few days with us, you will be taken to the Inpatient Unit for the remainder of your stay.