FT, Call Center Specialist
The Kansas City Orthopedic Alliance is dedicated to providing an inclusive, diverse, welcoming, team-oriented job environment that affords our employees an opportunity to grow and excel in their positions. Our commitment is to each other and our patients.
- Answer and direct phone calls appropriately.
- Utilizes ‘decision-tree’ to ensure that the appropriate provider is identified and selected for the patient during the scheduling process.
- Pre-collection of valid information; insurance information, patient demographics, etc.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with patients, referral sources, etc. while providing excellent customer service.
- Receives referrals via a variety of sources (fax, email, patient portal, practice management system, etc.), verifies information, and schedules the appointments with the appropriate provider.
- Provides critical information to patients to ensure they are able to locate facilities (address, directions, points of reference, proper entrance, etc.)
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations with patients, fellow employees, and providers.
- Computer skills including: keyboarding, navigation of web-site and accurately inputting information.
- Communication skills with an emphasis on proper grammar and the use of active listening to ensure patients understand the information being delivered.
- Ability to use office equipment including fax, phone, computer and copy machine
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Women, Minorities, Disabled and Protected Veterans”