FT, EHR Support Specialist
EHR Support Specialist
Kansas City Orthopedic Alliance has an opening for an Electronic Health Record Support Specialist. This position is responsible for maintaining documentation and records of all EHR system upgrades and changes for future reference.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist System Analyst to test, implement, and maintain all upgrades to the electronic health record (EHR) to optimize the functionality, operational efficiency, and use.
- Effectively communicates the process changes, enhancements and modifications both verbally and through written documentation to management and staff so that issues and solutions are understood and utilized in decision making and everyday operations.
- Responsible for security and registry setting maintenance in the EHR.
- Participates in the EHR User Groups in order to learn more about the product to ensure the agency is functioning at the highest level possible with utilization of the record.
- Provides timely set up for new EHR user and ensures timely removal for terminated users.
- Prepares training materials and documents for end users and provides training for new EHR users.
- Provides primary end user support for EHR issues and responds quickly to helpdesk requests.
- Identifies any training needs based on helpdesk ticket requests and implements those trainings or communicates the need for those trainings to the appropriate person.
- Assists with troubleshooting and coordinates with IT department as needed regarding system support of EHR functionality.
- Assists in managing the client health information and medical records as well as administering computer information systems to meet legal, ethical and medical requirements.
- Follows all agency policies and procedures including emergency and corporate compliance policies/procedures 100% of the time.
Qualifications: 1-3 years of experience in a clinical setting using an EHR or IT support role is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required. At least 2 years of college in Information Technology or Health Care preferred.
Kansas City Orthopedic Alliance offers a rewarding work environment along with a competitive salary and benefits package including the following: health, dental, vision, life insurance, Flex Spending, 401k & profit sharing, paid time off and employee assistance program.
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Women, Minorities, Disabled and Protected Veterans”