About Our Hospital
As the area’s first and only hospital dedicated exclusively to orthopedics, Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute is proud to be your hospital of choice for orthopedic excellence. Our hospital is equipped with:
- State-of-the-art surgical suites
- Urgent Care dedicated to diagnosing and treating orthopedic injuries
- Comfortable inpatient suites for those needing overnight stays
- An interventional spine and pain management suite
- A diagnostic imaging department for MRIs and X-Ray
- A rehabilitation department for inpatient and outpatient physical and occupational therapy
Our patient care team includes more than 25 board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons and interventional physiatrists. These physicians work alongside highly skilled physical and occupational therapists, nurses, and technologists to deliver comprehensive orthopedic care. Whether a sports related injury, worker’s compensation, or an unexpected sprain we are able to provide the specialized care you need to live a pain-free life. To provide superior bedside care for patients having surgery, we staff one registered nurse for every two patients. All of our physical and occupational rehabilitative therapy sessions are conducted one-on-one between the patient and the rehab therapist. Our nurse-to-patient and therapist-to-patient ratios are among the best available. To deliver highly personalized and attentive patient experiences, we have more nurses per patient in every phase of care, and our therapy sessions are always one-on-one.
Together, our team shares a unified goal: helping you achieve better physical health and return to the active life you love. Learn more about:
- Our History and Ownership – we are proud to be a physician-owned hospital
- Orthopedic Physician Practices located within our hospital
We participate in most commercial insurance plans, as well as Medicare, Kansas Medicaid and Tricare. Located near I-435 and State Line Road, Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute combines convenience with orthopedic excellence for patients in Leawood, Overland Park, Lenexa, Lee’s Summit and other surrounding areas in the Kansas City metro. Call 913-319-7633 to schedule a private tour and see for yourself what a difference our dedication makes.