FT, Compliance Nurse Specialist
Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute has an opening for a full‐time Compliance Nurse Specialist.
The successful incumbent is an RN with 3-5 years of experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Coordinates hospital continuous improvement activities.
- Reviews and abstracts data from medical records / data bases regarding: performance improvement opportunities and outcomes, medical staff/peer review, PI and data other hospital wide projects.
- Validates integrity of data collected, monitors compliance with established criteria
Risk Management Identifies high-risk areas for Risk Management ex. reviews / abstracts potential issues related to risk from the medical record, reviews and analyzes patient/employee incidence reports.
- Facilitates risk-reducing measures through process improvement measures and initiatives.
- Files reports as indicated with appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Development, monitoring compliance with and evaluation and revision of hospital wide Infection Control program.
- Develops, implements, and collects data regarding infection control: surveillance of nosocomial infections. Reports any reportable infections per state and local regulations.
- Investigates clusters or outbreaks of infections and ensures proper infection control techniques /isolation are being used when infections/organisms have been identified.
Required Skill Set
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to produce written and digital content.
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail; organizational and analytical skills
- Professionalism in working with others
- Intermediate math skill.
- Advanced level of computer skills required; including knowledge of common office and clinical software.
- Business Acumen (insightfulness, business savvy)
- Diversity (ability to blend with all cultures)