FT, Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Kansas City Orthopedic Alliance has an opening for a Director of Operations. This position is responsible for managing clinic staff and activities to provide quality, cost-effective care.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Directs daily operations at all offices and works with Team Leaders to coordinate work activities and schedules.
- Assists team leaders in developing and implementing short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- Responsible for creating and implementing clinic and administrative policies and
- Ensures safe, high-quality patient care by the
- Responsible for appropriate staffing by partnering with HR and management in the recruiting, hiring, training, development, and evaluation of staff.
- Establishes and maintains an efficient, effective, and responsive patient work flow.
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions for direct reports.
- Will have strategic and ongoing communications and interaction with relevant leadership from both a strategic and tactical standpoint.
- Provides leadership and ensures that operational goals are achieved
- Ensures that all providers are efficiently on-boarded by utilizing and deploying a check-list of needs established by the organization.
- Ensures that office space, supplies, equipment, and assistance are provided and maintained appropriately for medical staff and patient Evaluates opportunities for better pricing and new relationships in this space.
- Effectively partners with management on strategic projects for areas such as patient flow, patient satisfaction, practice volume, billing and collections, service utilization, coding, physician and staff training.
- Operates within the context of an established budget. Makes recommendations for annual budget and maximizes opportunities to meet and exceed budget
- Responsible for continued management and evaluation of established policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection control, and codes and requirements of accreditation and regulatory
- Ensures the clinic’s compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies.
- Continually monitors operations, programs, and physical properties.
- Works closely with Attorneys on potential claims, claims and liaison between them and the provider.
- Clear communication with Medical Malpractice, Insurance and Hospital entities.
- Clear communication with credentialing department and hospital medical staff.
- Creates, builds, and maintains positive working relationship with clinical providers and responsible for creating and maintaining communication channels between administrative teams and those providers
- Creates and maintains a positive culture among direct reports and Departments which includes a focus on Innovation, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the CEO/Managing Partner or Executive Committee.
Experience: Minimum of five years of office management experience including at least two years in a health care organization.
Kansas City Orthopedic Alliance offers a rewarding work environment along with a competitive salary and benefits package including the following: health, dental, vision, life insurance, Flex Spending, 401k & profit sharing, paid time off and employee assistance program.
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Women, Minorities, Disabled and Protected Veterans”